- This event has passed.
Ms Alison Zehr: Level Up Estate Sale
April 21 @ 9:00 am - April 22 @ 3:00 pm
The Goddess of Rogers Park!
I spent my formative years in Rogers Park. 1339 W. Lunt to be exact. This is full circle for me (Lynn). Our home was right down the street from Alison Zehr. And what a lovely estate this is ladies and gentlemen! I'll get to the goodies in just a moment. I simply must share with you Alison's Zehr's amazing life! When Ty and I arrived to do the walk through, the entire visit just felt good! We all talked and walked the estate and figured out the game plan. As we (Ty and I) begin to delve into the estate, we began uncovering, art, jewelry, sterling, vintage hats, sheet music, etc. But then folks began telling us little tidbits about Alison. Some people have a hellleva calling. Alison was one of them. Read below...
- Advancing Chicago's Civic Agenda
- Director of the Chicago office of the Cultural Facilities Fund
- Director of Community Programs for the Chicago Botanic Garden
- Executive Director of Quad City Arts
- Director of Education and Development for Friends of the Chicago River
- Chicago Public Schools
- Chicago Community Trust
- Columbia College Chicago
- Chicago Film Archives
- Chicago Photography Center
- Chicago Poetry Center
- Gaylord and Dorothy Donnelley Foundation
- Illinois Arts Alliance
- Local Initiatives Support Corporation
- Lincoln Park Zoo
- Museum of Contemporary Art
- National Assembly of States Humanities Councils
- National Vietnam Veterans Museum
- Pros Arts Studios
- University of Chicago
- Victory Gardens Theater
- and Woman Made Gallery.
Hence the name of this sale, LEVEL UP! After learning about her, I'm convinced I must LEVEL UP! I must and will do better. I will help more. I will try and help as many people as I can. Even if its simply water to a thirsty woman or food to a hungry soul. I am forever changed. Thank you Alison Zehr, Goddess of Rogers Park!